Friday, October 14, 2005

Staying home

Have now been a full-time mum officially for over four months. Originally I left my paid work with the intention of taking up some freelance work here and there and writing from home - but with a two year old running around the house motivation and free time are increasingly difficult to find. Of course you might say 'but you're writing this aren't you?' but really it's not the same as calling up several people to beg them for a few scraps of paid work.
Motivation will eventually come in the form of bills I expect but for the moment there's still some redundancy money in the bank and it just doesn't seem all that pressing. I have to say I really do not miss the office envioronment, but maybe I do miss the opportunity to do something completely removed from domestic life or even dare I say it slightly more intellectually challenging than teaching the numbers one to ten and the various other challenges of keeping a youngster amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home